Tooth Replacement & Dental Implants in Grand Rapids, MI
Missing or damaged teeth is a problem. There are the inherent aesthetic issues that come with a gap in your smile. But not having a tooth can also open the door for infection or other oral health issues. That is why it is imperative to replace missing or damaged teeth with dental implants. But first, you’ll need to schedule an appointment with our dental implant dentist in Grand Rapids, MI.
Unlike other dental practices, Dr. Suk Jun Yun and the rest of his team specialize in dental implants. Dental implants are a simple and straightforward method to complete your smile.
Our Dental Implant Prices
For a limited time special: $3,000
- Strictly limited time
- Includes 3D printed surgical guide, implant fixture, abutment, crown, and free dental CT scan.
Same-day tooth with dental implant: $3,399 ($4,900 value)
- Strictly limited time
- Ideal for missing front teeth.
- Includes 3D printed surgical guide, implant fixture, abutment, 3D printed temporary crown, final crown, and free dental CT scan.
Schedule Your Implant Consultation Today!
- Most insurance accepted
- Same-day & early evening appointments available
- Implant consultation
- CT scan
- Financing & payment plans available (subject to credit approval)
What are Dental Implants?
A dental implant is a prosthetic tooth root used to anchor a crown. The implant is usually made of a titanium alloy, which is well-suited for pairing with human bone. For this reason, it's also the same material that doctors use for many replacement hips and knees.
Our dentist provides the following dental implant services:
Dr. Yun will fix the replacement tooth to the titanium post. The tooth can be either a permanent attachment or removable. Permanent teeth are more stable and feel more like natural teeth.
A dental implant also exerts pressure on the jawbone. This stops the body from absorbing the minerals in your jaw to use elsewhere.
Benefits of Dental Implants
- Improved Appearance: Dental implants look and feel like your own teeth. They're also designed to fuse with bone, so they become permanent.
- Improved Speech: Poor-fitting dentures can slip and cause you to mumble or slur your words. Dental implants allow you to speak without the worry that your teeth might slip.
- Improved Comfort: Dental implants become a part of you. This removes the discomfort of having to wear removable dentures.
- Easier Eating: Sliding dentures can make chewing difficult. Dental implants function like your own teeth. This allows you to eat your favorite foods with confidence and without pain. Enjoy more food with dental implants!
- Improved Self-Esteem: Dental implants can give you back your smile and confidence.
- Improved Oral Health: To place a tooth-supported bridge, we'd have to file down the teeth on both sides of the gap. But we can leave the other teeth intact if we're placing an implant. Individual implants also allow easier access between teeth, improving oral hygiene.
- Durability: Implants are very durable and will last many years. With good care, many implants last a lifetime.
- Convenience: It can be inconvenient and embarrassing to remove dentures. Denture adhesives can also be messy to use. But you'll never have to deal with these problems if you choose dental implants.
Who is a Candidate?
Have you recently lost a tooth? To be a candidate for dental implant surgery, you need enough bone in your jaw to support an implant. The ideal candidate is a non-smoker with healthy gums.
Keep in mind that you don't have to be the "perfect" candidate to get dental implants. For example, many people are able to restore their smiles with mini dental implants. These don’t need as much jawbone tissue as their full-sized counterparts.
Our Dental Implant Process
1. Consultation with our Dental Implant Dentist
The first step is to schedule a consultation with our dental implant dentist. Dr. Yun will take 3D Cone Beam to determine if you are a candidate for the tooth implant procedure.
Your journey will depend on the type of dental implants you choose. The traditional takes several months. But mini implants take only one appointment to place.
2.) Treatment Planning
Our dentist uses implant planning software like Trios and 3D Diagnostix. Dr. Yun takes 3D images of your teeth, gums, and jaws so he can plan the perfect dental implant placement.
Whether you need a single tooth implant or many implants, Dr. Yun will plan every detail of your surgery.
3.) Dental Implant Surgery
Dr. Yun uses minimal incisions to decrease your recovery period and risk of infection. This removes the need to cut the gums down to the bone. Instead, Dr. Yun uses 3D scans to check nerve position and the condition of your jawbone.
Dr. Yun will create a surgical guide ahead of time to allow for the precise placements of your implants. The incisions will be small enough that you won’t need sutures. Dr. Yun will also place a temporary crown over the implant to protect your mouth while it heals.
Once the surgery is complete, our dentist will review post-operative instructions. He'll also make sure you understand what you need to do while you recover.
Over the course of several months, your dental implants will fuse to your jawbone. This is a process called osseointegration. Once this happens, you’ll be ready to come back to our office to have the permanent dental crown placed on top.
Types of Dental Implants
Are you missing all your teeth from your upper or lower arch? If so, our dentist may recommend all-on-6 dental implants. First, Dr. Yun will need to evaluate your jawbone’s condition. Next, he'll determine the best places to insert dental implants.
These implants will later support an entire arch of prosthetic teeth. All-on-6 implants look and feel natural. They also provide tremendous strength and stability.
Learn More About All-on-6 Dental Implants →
Mini Dental Implants
Not a candidate for the traditional mini dental implants. Mini dental implants replace missing teeth in one visit to our office. Our dentist may also recommend mini implants if you don’t want to wait months for tooth replacement.? Ask our dentist about
During the procedure, our dentist inserts a titanium post with a ball on the end into your jawbone. The crown has a socket that fits over the ball so our dentist can snap the prosthetic tooth into place. Mini dental implants can also anchor permanent dentures.
Dr. Yun will use traditional or mini implants to anchor an implant-supported denture. One of the biggest complaints about dentures is that they slip when you’re trying to eat or talk. But implant-supported dentures receive stable support from the jawbone. They also help stimulate jawbone tissue so you can avoid bone loss and facial collapse in the long run.
Computer-Guided Implant Surgery
We don’t believe that there should be any surprises during dental implant surgery. That's why we make it our mission to know bone level, bone quantity, and soft tissue conditions. Our dentist is able to plan your entire treatment after taking 3D scans of your teeth, gums, and jaws.
Dr. Yun also uses surgical guides and implant planning software via Trios and 3D Diagnostix. This ensures that you receive the best dental care.
"My wife is now having an implant service with Dr. Yun. People can easily think that such an implant would bring much pain and time, but I'm sure they will eliminate your stereotype. You can expect to have very professionalized services along with all of the modern equipment they have in the office. I would definitely recommend to all of my families and friends! Thank you, Dr. Yun and all of your warm staff."
- Kang M.
"Dr. Yun is the best dentist I have had. He has done an implant for me which turned out great. I would highly recommend him."
- Kim F.